Independence Day!

Hello my name is Fadhlan. I am going to tell you about my experience on the celebration of the Independence Day.

The Independence Day of Indonesia was on 17th of August. so our school made an event to celebrate it. The event was called TERIYAKI. It was held on the 27th of August 2016. 10 days after the day of independence.

Me, and my friends are told by the committee are told to gather on Lapangan Bali when the time is at 10 o'clock. We are also told to bring lunch and praying equipment.

The first agenda of this event is opening by several representatives including representatives from school and from the committee. The the participants are seperated and created some groups. The group consists of 3 classes. My group are told to move to Bangsal. There we play a game called dodge ball.

The game was pretty fun. The goal is to hit the oppenent with a small basketball. The losers is decided by which team loss all of their members. Me and my class could play the game well. I enjoyed playing this game because i;ve been playing it since I was a kid so I know nearly all the tricks to hit the oppenent. It was quite fun. We enjoyed it a lot until i had cramps on both of my leg. I could not stand at all. Immediately some of the members of the committee helped me to get me off the court. I was healed by one of the committee and was told to rest. Since i got cramps on my leg, I could not participate on the next game. I was so sad.

The next game is called tug of war. We just have to pull a rope and the losers is the team which got to the mark. The mark is marked by a line on the court. While my friends participate in the game, I was just standing there watching them. My leg still hurt so I could not play.

The last game is a game like handball but instead of using a ball, we used sponge. The sponge is covered in water and we should squeeze the water in the goal of the oppenents which is a bucket. The winner is the one who squeeze more water. My team and the enemy scored the exactly same amount of water so we are tied.

Then we are told to gather again in the baskerball court to watch something spesial. It was the performance of the theater club. The point of the performance is that Indonesia have so many different kinds of people.We should be able to tolerance one another because we are united. United under the name of Indonesia

Thats all from me. Thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts