Dewa Athena



Hi guys, now i'm going to talk about Dewa Athena. First of all, what is Dewa Athena?It is an annual event of SMAN 3 Bandung. This event is hosted by Sie 7 of Student Council SMAN 3 Bandung. As you can see in the poster, this years' Dewa Athena was organized from 23 of March until 8 of April 2017. This event is a sport competition for students grade 10 and 11 where each classes face each other to determine who is the champion. In the finale, each 'survivor' from each grade must face in order to be the champion of this year's Dewa Athena. The sports in this events are : soccer, basketball, volleyball, dodge ball, badminton, running, gobak sodor, and tug of war. I am actually one of  the committee, so here is my story. Also the competition system is an elimination system so if you lose, then you are out.


I went to Lapangan Bali, which is the place of this events, at 6.00 a.m. I went there this early because the committee have a briefing to do. so we had a briefing at 6.10 a.m. After the briefing, we should start the event as soon as possible but unfortunately, the weather was raining so we had to wait for about an hour. But eventually, the event start after the rain stop. But before that, i had to clean up the puddle of water in the basketball court. After that, the event start.

For the first two days, the competitors were all of the eleventh grade. Watching them was so fun and sometimes I am amazed by their plays. My class, which is 10 Science 5, compete at the third day of Dewa Athena. Our first match was girls badminton duet. The girls who play were Upi and Dila. Unfortunately, we lost. Of course i am disappointed by them because i'm very competitive, but who cares. It's only the first match and there is still hope. Next game is the basketball. We played against 10 Science 3. The team consist of  me, Andika, Agys, fulvian, and Galih. That was a pretty good team. Although the first couple of minutes both teams really struggle to scored, we managed to score first and continuously dominate the game. We managed to stomped them with the score 20-2. Although we managed to win easily, it was a good game. Next is the running competition against Science 7. It was close yet it was so far. We lost because our first runner had a bad start.

3 loses already. I kind of feel bad about our class. This losing spree might continue and guess what. It did. The tug of war game, which all of the big guy played, including me, lost because I had a cramp on both of my leg. All of us fell and lose, again. Next is the female dodge ball. I didn't watch the game because i had to calm my legs down, but from what i heard, the girls lose. This is our fifth match of losing to others. And this streak is still going.

After the break, The volley team played. It was against Science 3. They bring up their A team for this. My old friend which was in this team played against us. He was very good at serving. Unfortunately i can't play because i still had to calm down my legs. Of course you know what happened. Yes that's right. We lose. I am really really disappointed for my team and i felt terrible. Next is the soccer against Science 9, and they beat us really bad. The score was 9-1. The last match for that day was male badminton duet. And of course, we lose.

If there is going to be an award for the worst class, it should be our class. But even though we lost almost all of the matches, it was quite the experiences there. Playing with my friends, feeling united for the first time for almost 6 months. At first I really did not believe our class to be united, but after that experience, that has changed me a bit. To all of my classmates, thank you for this opportunity to fight together. i know things will get back to how it was but thank you for this. I know i'll change a bit but please do not stop being my friend.


Comments

Popular Posts